Take a Dive for This Underwater Museum
How would you like to dive underwater to visit a museum? In Cancun, Mexico, you can do just that! Created by Mexico-based British sculptor Jason deCaires Taylor, sculptures were lowered into the waters to create a unique museum intended to demonstrate the interaction between art and environmental science. Over the years, marine life will colonize and inhabit the structures modeled after the residents of Puerto Morelos, Mexico. The museum is meant to illustrate our dependency on nature.
How would you like your face to be inhabited by marine life? I was definitely jealous! This museum is always changing as more and more fish and algae inhabit the structures. Promoting tourism while helping the Earth is an admirable decision for Taylor. For more pictures and information visit:
Anyone else wanna take a dive?
Happy Earth Day! What have you done to make a difference?
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- Burning Man 2013 Billion Bunny March
- Ray and Alexis’s 4 Year Anniversary
- Ray and Alexis’s San Diego Safari Adventure
- Rad Scientists Invade the Graffiti Run
- Oompa Loompas Invade the Hot Chocolate Run
- “La Cocina” de Argentina
- Sunday Funday: A Great Time to Conquer a Fear
- Dia de los Neon at Hard Haunted Mansion
- Snorkeling in Boracay, Philippines
- Drake’s 1st Birthday